where do you find grace?
Written on 5/27/2009 11:40:00 AM by Miles
Grace. We can find it in so many places, people, situations, struggles. You name it, and most likely you can find it there. Grace is a hard thing to understand. If I were to just say "grace" to you, what would be the first thing to pop up in your mind? For some, it may be a song. For others, a pretty name for a girl. Hopefully, some would think of Jesus. :)
No matter what you think you know about grace, I think it would be fair of me to say that grace isn't exactly the easiest thing to comprehend. I mean, it's a gift that's completely undeserved. It's all your sins washed away. It's one who knew no sin to be condemned on our behalf, so that you may become the righteousness of God. I don't know about you all, but that just flies right over my head when I think about it.
I have found recently that evil allows me to see grace in a way that I almost understand it. I'll explain...
Recently, one of the young women I minister to where I work disclosed of some horrible abuse by a parent. Abuse that consistently lasted for over five years. I have to be honest. The first thing that I feel when I hear stuff like this is extreme anger. But here's the thing: God loves that person just as much as he does me. That's a love that I just can't comprehend.
A colleague of mine and I were talking about this, and he said that he sees the love and grace of God when he's with his daughter.
What about you? Where do you find grace?
this is timely.
i see grace in how god has been at work changing me over a long period of time. it's ever-so-slight, but tonight i was able to work through a disappointment that might have sent me into a very bad funk even a year ago. but tonight, it is certainly grace that has given me wider perspective and assurance that this disappointment doesn't characterize my entire experience or an entire relationship. grace is being able to let go and move on from things that once held you captive.