A quote of note

2

Written on 8/10/2008 11:42:00 PM by Miles

I came across this quote today about leadership. It's from Gary Haugen, president of International Justice Mission.

He says,

"Just because I’m leading and people are following doesn’t mean that I’m leading them in things that matter to God."


This made me think, as I talk about/listen to matters of leadership quite often. It seems, sometimes, that we measure a leader's success (in the context of church leadership) as their ability to lead, cast vision, and for people to be on board. What about things that matter to God? Do we factor that in as an integral part of our critique? I fear that I don't a lot of times.

What do y'all think? I know most of you guys/gals reading are involved in leadership in some form or fashion....

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

2 Comments

  1. Ty |

    James 1.27
    "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

    I wonder if the word religion could be substituted with leadership. Not from the biblical interpretation sense because they are different words, but maybe from a logical perspective on what matters to God???
    Just my thoughts!

     
  2. Miles |

    Yes! dialogue...I love it.

    I think you may just be thinking along the same lines as myself. It seems that the more I'm exposed to leadership in the context of the local church, the more I think that we tend to, kind of, casually forsake what matters to God from a logical perspective.

    ...good thought.

     

Post a Comment