your favorite song
Written on 12/19/2008 08:09:00 AM by Miles
....for Christmas?
Mine is "O Come O Come Emmanuel."
your turn...
....for Christmas?
Mine is "O Come O Come Emmanuel."
your turn...
Copyright © 2008 daily dying... | iWork Blogger Template Designed by Nicola D Trento and Jacky Supit | Enhanced by Blogger Templates
You know, until the past couple years, I never really appreciated "O Come O Come Emmanuel," and after hearing a couple newer version I figured out why. It's because in so many versions, singers don't sound like they're truly rejoicing at the coming...that has since changed for me.
As for my favorite, it's hard to pick one. But the one I'm digging most right now is "How Many Kings" by downhere.
...from "O Come" the verse:
O come desire of nations bid
in one the hearts of all mankind
BID THOU OUR SAD DIVISIONS CEASE
and be thyself our king of peace
tell me that third line isn't true now more than ever!
I have to admit that I am not a big Christmas Music person, but there is a new version of "Joy to the World" in a new cartoon movie called "The Very First Noel" that is awesome... you can listen to it on the website for the movie, it plays in the background!
The Vert First Noel click here to go to the site and listen